No one deserves to be
It is a crime for any person to intentionally cause
you any physical injury or threaten you with physical injury, even
if that person is a member or former member of your household.
Effects of Domestic Violence
1. Each year an estimated minimum of 3.3 million children
witness domestic violence.
2. Children from violent homes are at higher risk for alcohol/drug
abuse and juvenile delinquency.
3. 90% of children are aware of the violence directed at their mother.
4. Older children may be hurt while trying to protect their mother.
5. Intants may be injured while being held by their mother when
the batterer strikes out.
6. Children in homes where domestic violence occurs are 1500% more
likely to be abused or neglected than the national average.
My family is experiencing violence...
How is it affecting my
Why is my partner hurting
What can I do?
Domestic Violence is not
only a straight problem.
What happens when I call
The Criminal Justice Process
If you feel that you or someone you know is in an
abusive relationship, there are many ways thaat you can get help
in Austin, Texas: APD Victim Services Family
Legal Services Links:
County Attorney's Office
County District Attorney's Office
Legal Aid of Central Texas
Social Services Links:
SafePlace: Domestic Violence
and Sexual Assault Survival Center
Austin Child Guidance
Violence Hotlines and Resources
National Domestic Violence
Violence Against Women
Agaianst Men and Women
Family Violence Awareness
on Child Abuse and Neglect Information
Child Abuse America
Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect